Saturday, May 9, 2015

Congrats on your big day

Happy Saturday, friends!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far! I recently got the watercolor friendly "Artful Flowers" stamp and die set from Simon Says Stamp, and I've been having SO much fun with them! Here's one of the cards I've completed so far using these stamps and dies:




I stamped the flowers on water color paper using VersaMark ink and heat set them using Zing white embossing powder. This process makes it SO easy to water color these flowers!  I used the Tim Holtz Mustard Seed Distressed marker and a detailer water brush to colors the flowers.  After they dried, I used the coordinating dies to cut out the flowers.  I wanted the flowers to really pop on my card, so I used this black and white chevron paper from the Me & My Big Ideas 12 x 12 Mambi Sheets paper pad I found at Michael's craft store.  I cut a circle out of the center of the chevron paper using the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles die so I could have a place to put my sentiment and to arrange the flowers around it.  

The sentiments are from the Winnie and Walter "Big Bold You" and "The Big, the Bold & Extras" stamp sets, and I stamped them using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  Since the "Congrats" was so long, I chose to stamp it on a separate sheet of white cardstock, and cut around it.  It looks like it has its on coordinating die! I adhered it with 3M Foam Tape. I finished the card by stamping the remainder of the sentiment below the "Congrats", adhered the flowers around the circle using 3M Foam Tape, and added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter onto the flowers.  Now the card is ready to give to someone who is maybe graduating from school, getting married or starting a new job! 

Thank you SO much for stopping by to see my card design! I appreciate your comments.  I hope you have a wonderful day, and Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms! 

HUGS!!!
Lisa 





8 comments:

  1. I love your bright and cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...I like the fact that it can be versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness!!! Girl this card is amazing! Love that black and white with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Lisa! I love your flowers - so nice and thick! I really like the contrast in colours - black and yellow are always a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love your sparkly yellow flowers! Those bold chevrons are perfect and so is your wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is a stunner! I love how you combined black, white and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I just love this card. So very cute! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Lisa! Love how the yellow flowers pop off the black chevron background!

    ReplyDelete