Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hugs to Cheer You

Hello everyone!

I have a new card post to share for the 30 Day Color Challenge hosted by Kathy (see her Instagram page) at The Daily Marker. I used emboss resist technique with watercolor distress inks and Copic markers for my coloring mediums. Here's my finished card:



I stamped the Bundle of Blossoms background stamp by My Favorite Things onto water color paper cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 using VersaMark Ink. I sprinkled Hero Arts white embossing powder all over panel then heat set it using my heat tool until it was melted.  I used my 3/4 sized paint brush by Ranger and clean water to paint thick stripes of distress inks (Fire Brick, Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber and Mustard Seed) on top of the embossed watercolor panel so that the image from the background stamp would appear white. Once my panel was dry, I die cut the Painted Hugs die by Simon Says Stamp from white cardstock and sponged Fire Brick distress ink on top of it. I also cut the Painted Hugs die out of white fun foam to give the painted Hugs die some dimension. I adhered it onto the watercolor panel and added some glossy accents on top of it to give it some shine. I stamped and one of the bears from the Friends Furever stamp set by My Favorite Things using Memento black ink then colored the bear using Copic markers (E11, E15, E18). I cut out the bear using the Friends Furever Coordinating Dies. I adhered it next to the Hugs die with 3D foam tape. Finally, I stamped the "To Cheer You" sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock using VersaMark ink, heat set it with white Hero Arts embossing power them adhered it under the bear using 3D foam tape. I adhered the finished panel onto an A2 size top folding card.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a very blessed day!

HUGS!!!
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment