Wednesday, March 1, 2017

30 Day Color Challenge: Mama Elephant Organic Blooms

Hello everyone!

It's that time again: The 30 Day Color Challenge (see Kathy's Blog for details). The challenge encourages anyone who wants to color to do just that...COLOR! Coloring has been proven to be a great stress reliever, and it's something fun to do. You can get your kids involved with the color challenge, too! If you have an Instagram account, just upload your images using the hashtag #thedailymarker30day. Since I've been sick off and on for a few months now (Rheumatoid Arthritis woes), I haven't been able to create very much, but I have some card designs I've done between flair-ups.  I made this card using my FAVORITE color medium: watercolor.



I stamped my image (Organic Blooms by Mama Elephant) on watercolor cardstock using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. To raise the image and give it some shine, I added Ultra Fine Clear Embossing powder by Hero Arts while the image was still wet then heat set it with my heat tool.  I colored my image using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a detailed water brush.  I finished the card with some dark splatters using Black Soot Distress Ink, used a small wavy scalloped die (Simon Says Stamps) to cut the water colored panel, then using the same Black Soot Distress Ink with a diagonal stencil (Simon Says Stamps) on the bottom on the card base.  Added some clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh and a white embossed sentiment strip on black cardstock from Winnie and Walter.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to stop by Instagram and search #thedailymarker30day to see more colorful creations!

HUGS!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment